An Instagram exploit is being sold on the black-market that is said to be able to hack Instagram account of any user.
High profile users of popular social media platform Instagram have always been the target of attackers to gain access to their accounts.
Last year, Hackers exploit API flaw of Instagram to steal Phone number and Email addresses of verified users. Instagram confirmed that the hackers managed to steal phone number and email addresses of many users by exploiting a bug in the app’s API. But it did not confirm the number of accounts that were affected by this attack.
More details about Instagram exploit
The hacker selling the exploit is claiming that the exploit can hack Instagram account of any user. “With this method, you can hack almost any Instagram account”, -in the description of exploit.
The more interesting thing is that the exploit is being sold from July 2015 and the hacker is claiming that the exploit is working fine even today. The hacker has verified the exploit that it is working.
The hacker is selling exploit for Bitcoins and the cost of exploit is 0.235 BTC (~ $2,053.90 / ₹1,33,883). The exploit is available to test before anyone actually buys it.
How to save your Instagram account from being hacked
- Make sure to always update your social media apps, so that you the most current security measures of the app.
- Don’t use simple passwords that are easy to guess. Read this guide to choose strong passwords that are not so easy to crack.
- Use 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) to double the security of your account.
- Avoid reusing the passwords you have used before.
- Check the news and digital platforms for the latest news on data breach and hacks.
- Limit the amount of personal information on your accounts.
- How To Get Back View Image Button In Google Image Search
- A Dark Web Hacker Claiming to Track Anyone Anywhere
- Secure Email Services to Enhance Your Online Privacy
- Android.FakeApp Steals Data From Device to Hack Facebook Account